01 July, 2007

Kayaking on the Applegate

The weeks seem to fly by here. Kinda had low key weekend. So, it would seem that my new fun sports (tennis, ultimate Frisbee) are creating some over-use of my muscles and I now have shin splints. I am having difficulty running more than 5 minutes. Now I must decide what to eliminate to give my legs a rest. Spent the majority of my weekend moving into an new apartment. Long story short...my neighbor smokes and it was coming into my apartment. I couldn't handle it any more and since the maintenance guy's idea of a quick fix (cardboard/duct tape covering a hole in the wall in the closet) did not work, they had no choice but to move me. Had a cookout this past week for some of the other travelers who are about to leave. Lot of fun...yard games, food, music.

Saturday was a long, fun and active day. Started off with a bike ride in the Applegate Valley and then went kayaking down the Applegate River. This was my first time to go kayaking. Luckily, only had one accident and got stuck under a tree, but I was able to get out with a little help. It was so peaceful and serene for the most part.

Got up and went to church this morning. It is so pretty. It is an outdoor service in an amphitheater. There are enough trees to provide shade so it is comfortable. I have never experienced a service like this...surrounding the stage area are beautiful flowers, plants and a waterfall flowing into a small stone pool. This is where they baptize. It not like what I am use to where you schedule when you are going to be baptized. Instead, when you walk down and make a profession of faith, you are baptized right then and there. Very neat.

I hope you are all doing well. I miss you all. Come visit. It is beautiful here!!!

No comments: