STARS AND STRIPES:
What a busy week. I don't know if having a day off in the middle of the week is such a good thing. Went to the Ashland 4th of July Parade. It was so much fun. This is a big event here. People place tarps and chairs in the medians and on the sides of the street a day in advance to reserve a good spot for the parade. You can see a little bit of everything...from politicians to scantily clad tattooed women walking with carousels to bald eagles to colorfully decorated cars complete with legs, troll dolls etc. attached to them. Point is, not what you would expect from a 4th of July parade but lots of fun!!! A day of kayaking followed the parade. About 8 of us paddled our way down the Applegate River. Good thing the river was so cold because it was very hot (but still no comparison to the south and our humidity). A little side note: I have learned that when talking to people here that I have to specify that the "south" I am referring to is the "deep south/south shall rise again" and not Southern California. Okay, back to kayaking. Wrapped my kayak around a rock and had to get help getting it off. Even though the current we were in was not significantly strong, it is amazing how powerful it is when your kayak is submerged in a rapid. Anyway, no injuries...made it out okay. After a day of paddling in the sun, we were all beat. Had just enough energy though to purchase some sparklers, crash a cookout, and catch a somewhat limited view of some fireworks. All in all, a fun but exhausting day.
Friday night had to be one of the highlights of the week though. Went back to Britt festival and heard Allison Kraus. I can't begin to explain how peaceful and relaxing it is to sit back and recline on a blanket, partake of a picnic and some local wine, and listen to great music all while watching the sun set on the mountains in the distance. It truly doesn't get any better than that. A big thanks to Eric for scoring some tickets!! Saturday was a cleansing day. By that I mean I cleaned up and did laundry. Had a cookout by the pool with several friends and played "washers"(a fun yard game). Sunday went to church and met a friend for lunch in Ashland. Walked through the arts and crafts fair and finished the day with some ice cream.
It is starting to heat up here. The job is a little busy since I am the only therapist right now, but I do love the overtime pay! Summer is in full swing and I am looking forward to all of the festivals and recreational activities. Hope you are all doing well. Miss you tons.
Daphne
08 July, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment