Wow, I have two weeks worth to catch you up on. Where do I start. I am torn on Thursday nights now between playing Ultimate Frisbee and going to EdenDale Vineyard for "Jazz in the Garden". It was so pretty to watch the sun set over the vineyard while listening to music and enjoying sampling the local wines. The Britt Festival is going on now and lasts until September. It takes place in historic Jacksonville (a cute little town but almost too perfect) in an outdoor amphitheater. Musical acts from all over play all during the week. Went to see Indigo Girls and Brandi Carlisle. How relaxing to sit on a blanket, enjoy a picnic and watch the sun set while listening to music. Minus the lesbian love fest (sorry I know that wasn't too PC), it was wonderful. Going back to hear Lyle Lovett soon. Still taking tennis lessons and surprisingly getting better. Went hiking up to Pilot Rock with some friends. Reaching the summit was very difficult and involved some actual rock climbing. The view from the top was amazing.
The most exciting thing that I have done recently was my weekend trip to San Francisco. While the trip was more business than pleasure, I loved it. Went down for a conference. Got to visit with 2 cousins that I have not seen in over 6 years. Both live in SF. It was a great and fun reunion. Tried my best to avoid all the festivities associated with Pride Weekend. Also got to visit with Stephen, Nick and Mike at the Giants and Yankees game. Thanks again Stephen for the invite....I had a great time!!! It was awesome to sit and watch a baseball game while viewing the bay and sailboats surrounding the stadium. Even joined in with a few "boos" after B. Bonds was consistently walked and not allowed to hit. Hiked on a trail with my cousins until we came out to a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge. Was only my first visit to SF, but I will definitely go back and visit again.
Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to coming home to visit soon!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment