16 November, 2008

Want to audition?


I will be holding auditions soon for my new band. After only two guitar lessons, I have decided that I will be going on tour soon. Okay, so I am not that great, yet. I have a long ways to go but I have already decided to upgrade my guitar. That's right, I am about to own two guitars. So if anyone needs a guitar let me know. I can now play most of the C major chords and I am currently working on my strumming skills. As with most things, it is a lot harder than it looks.

Started tennis, again. Our coach assures us that in four weeks we will be ready for Wimbledon. We will just have to work on sponsors so that we will be dressed for the part. I am playing with 7 other women and they are a lot of fun. Went bowling with some co-workers last week and won the first game with 140 points. It was downhill for me after that. I don't think I will be working bowling into my tour or tennis schedule.

The trees are slowly losing their leaves but have been beautiful to look at. I went for a walk one day and took some pictures of the golf course. The weather has been great and has inspired me to get out and run more.

This past weekend I went to Charlotte for a "girls weekend". Friday night me and Amy stayed up and talked for a while just catching up. I was exhausted after what should have been about a two hour trip turned into a four and half hour trip. Talk about God watching over you. I left work later than I had intended on Friday. I was right outside of Monroe, NC when I came upon a wreck. There were only three other cars in front of me. So for two and a half hours I watched numerous firemen, paramedics and police take care of this wreck. It was like having a front row seat but with a nauseating feeling after seeing what was left of the car and knowing that whoever was in that car was either dead or in critical condition. I couldn't help but think, "thank goodness I had to stay and do that evaluation." Saturday we went to this great store that had so many unique gifts. I could have stayed there for hours. Next it was on to pottery. We went to Art Space and painted pottery. I guess we were both a little amibitous as it ended up taking over 3 hours to complete. I can't wait to see the finished product. We shopped a little more, watched a movie and then went out to a trendy Tapas restaurant. Out waiter, who is orginally from South America, assured us that we were indeed pronouncing the menu items correctly but "just a little slow". Anyway, the meal was delicous. Next we headed to this little pub for some Celtic music. Being the novice guitar player that I am, I found myself analyzing the musicians strumming techniques. After a game of shuffle board and feeling way to old to be there, we called it a night. Thanks Amy for a great weekend. I had a blast.



I am looking forward and counting down the days until I go home for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to see my family and friends. I am constantly reminded how truly blessed I am with a wonderful family and awesome friends. A special Happy Birthday to DAD. I love you!!

My friends that are close to me and truly know me will understand why I chose the following recipe to include on my blog. Girls, if I were there, you would all be getting some brownies. Thanks for being great friends!!!

CRACK BROWNIES

50 caramels
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 package German chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup evaporated milk (yes another 1/3 cup)
2 cups milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In heavy saucepan, combine carmels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Cook over low heat stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Grease and flour 9X13 baking dish. In large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, melted butter, and the other 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Stir by hand until the dough holds together. Divide dough in half and press first half of dough into prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over baked crust. Pour caramel mixture over the chocolate chips. Crumble the other half of the dough over the caramel layer. Return to oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and cool for 15 minutes and then cut into squares.

1 comment:

Mike Ferrelli said...

What positions are you auditioning for in your band? I can play the bamboo flute, the Guitar Hero guitar & drums, and of course some singing, but either in the shower, or when the radio is louder than my voice.