Wow, has it been that long since I blogged? Apparently it has. I suppose that I have been preoccupied here in my little resort town of Pinehurst, NC. I have extended my assignment until December now. Although I have been surprised by how much I have enjoyed working here and contemplating the possibility of living in NC, I am eagerly waiting to go home to visit with my family and friends.
I suppose my latest new thing would be crossing off an item from my "bucket list". I have a new baby. She is red and black and occasionally if strummed the right way makes a beautiful sound. Yes, I am learning to play the guitar. My feeble attempts to teach myself have left me unmotivated. So next week I start my first guitar lesson. Who knows, maybe I will become a rock star. Yeah...unlikely I know, but at least it will keep me entertained for now. What else? After a very long hiatus from tennis, I will also begin adult tennis lessons this week with a group of ladies at at local tennis club. I guess this week is a good time to start new things. Hum...oh yeah. Halloween. I wasn't sure if I was going to top Richard Simmons last year but this year was equally as fun. I went as a bath sponge, loofah, puff ball...what ever you want to call it. Anyway, it provided laughter for many of my patients, which was great to see.
I know the big question is where to after North Carolina. I frequently shoot prayers to the Big Guy upstairs requesting directions. I keep hoping one day I will turn on my GPS system and it will tell me where to go. I have asked for an assignment close to home. We will see what is available in January. Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to Angele and Wendy as they are both expecting. I'm thinking GIRLS this time.
RECIPES!!!!
I have been on a cooking kick lately for various reasons and have discovered some healthy and easy recipes. I have decided to start sharing some of my favorites. Enjoy!!!
BARBECUE PORK CHOPS
1 cup barbecue-flavored potato chips(about 1 oz.)
6 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick (about 1 1/2 lb)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick mix
1 tablespoon canola or soybean oil
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
Place potato chips in 1 gallon re-seal plastic food-storage bag; crush with rolling pin. Add Bisquick mix to chips; mix well.
In small shallow dish, mix egg mixture, then shake in bag to coat with Bisquick mixture.
In 12 inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Cook pork chops in oil 15to 18 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on outside and no longer pink in center. Serve with 3/4 cup barbecue.
1 comment:
So good to have you back "online"...I was wondering where you were and what you were doing. HOpe all continues to go well with you!
Post a Comment