
This past weekend I was able to attend my brother's first game coaching for the Whippets. Donning the Whippet school colors, we cheered him on. Laurel in her cheerleader suit and Cole with his football player shirt on, rooted on their daddy. The Whippets won their first game 15-0. I sure do hope this winning streak continues. Saturday I was able to spend a little time alone with Cole playing. He is such a different baby when big sister is not around to make him stay on guard. They are both such sweet children and I am so blessed to an aunt!!


Saturday I drove back to Meridian and started my packing process. The adventurer in me has been getting a little anxious and I decided that on Sunday, it was time to explore. After church I drove out to Dunn's Falls. It was a gorgeous day and oh did I feel right at home. An almost 70 foot waterfall cascades down and makes a decent into the Chunky river. Still standing is an authentic grist mill and working water wheel. While it has been a long time since any meal was made, it still stands as a museum and reminder of it's history dating back to 1857. Now those of you who know me, I have a rule that any time I am near a body of water, I must put my feet in. I didn't hesitate to kick my shoes off, grab my camera and start wading. After hanging out for there for a few hours, I then headed to Lake Okatibbee. I couldn't resist taking a run around the rim of the dam and enjoying the great weather. I made home in time to shower, do my grocery shopping and go to church.
I am looking forward to my trip this weekend with my mom and the ladies from the church that I attended while living in Ashland, Alabama. We are going to the Women of Faith Conference. I know that we are going to be truly blessed and changed! I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment