How great was it that it snowed today? I will get to that in a moment. First things first. It is all coming back to me now...small town living, knowing everyone, everyone knowing you, no secrets!! This past weekend I went on a date (not with bubblegum boy-refer to previous blog entry). I suppose the one perk of everyone knowing your business is the fact that I knew he was going to ask me out before he asked me out. In fact, I knew exactly what we were going to do on that date before he ever asked me out. Yes, the joy of living in a small town. I can't wait until Monday to find out what I did this weekend and see if the stories match what really happened. Anyway, I had a good time on the date Friday night and we decided to do it again Saturday night. I felt like I was back in highschool. He picked me up from the B&B and came in the B&B and met Virginia along with about five of her family members in town for a birthday party. Actually, he didn't meet all of them. The ones that were not from out of town, he knew them and hugs were exchanged. I don't know why but I felt compelled, but I informed Virginia of my plans and my expected arrival time home. After an enjoyable night out for dinner and a play at the local theater where we watched an interactive Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, we returned to the B&B. We were sitting in the truck talking and we could see someone looking out the window. It was Virginia. Not long after that the front porch light was turned on and off and few times. We both laughed and it was at that point I decided "I better go in before momma Virginia comes out to get me." She and her family (who were staying at the B&B this weekend) were still awake. Actually they were quite giddy from the wine they had been drinking, which is quite comical since they are all in their late 70's. After telling them about the play, I went to bed. Which leads me back to my initial comment. How great was it that it snowed today?
Yep, woke up Sunday morning with a fresh blanket of snow. It was so pretty coming down. I had to work but I couldn't wait until I got to come home and play!! The patients loved it. Some were concerned about the birds, some said they better stay in today, it looked cold outside. Others, were frequently surprised when they looked out their window and realized it was snowing, forgetting that they had just done the same thing about five minutes ago. I quickly made it through my workload and headed home to build my snowman. What fun. I hope it snows again soon. It was gone way too quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment