A momentous occasion occurred recently. My Toyota Camry hit 100,000 miles. While that sounds like a lot, it actually seems like it should be more when I consider every where that I have been. As I watched my odometer slowly tick closer to
100,000 miles, I began to ponder my relationship with my car. In August of 2003, I bought the Camry brand new with only 5 miles, which I put on it taking it for a test drive. I suppose you could say that my purchase of the Camry signified my emergence as an independent, self sufficient woman. Besides my washer and dryer (which at the time seemed like a big purchase), this was the biggest purchase I had made and I did it all by myself. Yes, the Camry has carried me from one corner of this great nation to other and even into Canada. It has driven through canyons, over mountains and across plains. My Camry has been faithful, dependable and there for me when ever I needed it. Hum...it has outlasted any relationship that I have ever had and it is still there for me. Anyway, I digress...My Camry is not as new as it once was, even though I think it should still work like it was brand new. I no longer park far away from other cars. It's okay if is gets a little dirty. I don't get mad about new dings or scratches. Kinda like life huh? Our bodies get older and they don't work as good as they used to. We still think they should. The exterior gets faded and banged up which equates to old, wrinkled and saggy. It's not about what's on the outside though. It has everything to do with what's on the inside and the memories, oh the memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment