Well I have finally settled into my new digs and started my new assignment. I enjoyed my month off as it sped by quickly. The birth of my nephew was a highlight. I even got to visit with some family members that I have not seen in a while. Unfortunately the circumstance that created this mini reunion was the passing of my grandfather. He died at the young age of 93, just a few months shy of 94. I can picture him entering the gates of heaven with a shuffled gait and pursed lips whistling the whole way. I would like to think that once he passed through the gates he was high stepping and singing as he celebrated his reunion with Grandmother and his family. He will be greatly missed.
I am enjoying living on one of the Pinehurst golf courses in Pinehurst, NC. It is whole different world here. I have yet to encounter a bad section of town. The houses are nice and well manicured and the people are super sweet. Khaki shorts and a polo shirt are all that are required to fit in. The speed limit is 35 and they mean it. After scanning the local paper, the worst crime committed in Moore County was improper equipment. It is definitely a resort town and quite the opposit from my experience in Baltimore. It is so nice to sit on my deck and the watch the golfers and not hear a single siren, bus, horn or person yelling. The village or city center is quaint with shops, pubs and boutiques. I love it. Hopefully the assignment will go well.
A final note. Have already started my adventures. Went with Charlie this weekend to Charlotte. We met up with some of his friends and tail gated before we went to a pre-season NFL game between the Panthers and Redskins. If you watched the game, you know it was a disappointment but fun none the less. More to come...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Daph! So glad that you are having a good experience in NC! What a change in pace from Baltimore! So sorry to hear about your Grandfather...it's never easy. You all are in my prayers.
So glad you made it to NC! I remember moving to Savannah to be closer to Jason and loved the experience there!
I'll keep checking up on you guys through your blog as Charlie never updates his. :)
Love, Kim (cousin from TX)
Post a Comment