09 October, 2007

Purging, Painting and Productivity

While my past weekend was uneventful, it was productive. I have begun the count down and thus the purging process has been initiated. The goal-it will all fit into the trunk. Finished a book, completed a few errands, and tried to figure out how to work my new camera. I see a photography class in my future. I also drove to Grants Pass and went to the street painting festival. They blocked off a whole street and local artists from the area, on hand and knees, created these amazing paintings from chalk on the black asphalt. They also had a section for kids to create their own paintings. Grants Pass' downtown is very historical and lined with cute little shops, restaurants and pubs. I took a back road home and enjoyed the view of the Applegate Valley with kaleidoscope of colors emerging from the side of the mountains. Fall is really beautiful here.

Still hoping for an assignment close to home but not ruling out other possibilities. Have a few fun things planned before I head home. Going to a vineyard to help harvest grapes this weekend. I know...a little crazy. I am volunteering for manual labor. Should be a fun experience though. Also have a trip to Seattle planned. I figure I am this close, I should go visit. Hope to catch a fish at Pike's Market. Hope you are all doing well. Looking forward to visiting soon.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Daphne,
I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every blog. What a beautiful spot you chose to experience...I mean work in.

You inspired me to start my own blog for friends and family who are far, far away. But I haven't done too much with it yet.

I hope the next will be as lovely.
Good luck wherever you end up.
Tonya Edgerton